If you are facing divorce, chances are your life has been turned upside down and you may be feeling very uncertain about your financial future. Working with a Certified Divorce Financial AnalystTM or CDFATM can give you the expert advice and peace of mind you need.
A CDFATM has been specially trained to analyze the financial issues in divorce and can help you understand the long-term context of any financial settlement. They provide valuable information for a fair, equitable and just resolution. Through the process your CDFATM will help you understand:
- personal vs marital property
- how to value property
- division of assets
- how to divide retirement savings and pensions
- spousal and child support
- potential tax implications and solutions
- the settlement you need
A Certified Divorce Financial AnalystTM will:
- Help you determine the short-term and long-term impact of a proposed divorce settlement
- Offer valuable insight into the pros and cons of proposals and what kind of settlement you need
- Help you understand and avoid common pitfalls in divorce
- Create reports and graphs showing cash flow, financial status and net worth to assist with settlement proposals and agreements
A Certified Divorce Financial AnalystTM has graduated from the Institute of Divorce Financial AnalystsTM and has extensive financial expertise in the fields of financial planning, accounting or law. A CDFATM has specialized training in the financial issues of divorce and must complete 30 hours of continuing education courses every two years.